The European Commission announced Wednesday it would be seeking to impose a quota for on-demand and streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime of at least 20% European content across its film and TV series. The moves come as the European Commission unveiled a series of proposals aimed at overhauling Europe’s laws over digital content as part of the Audiovisual Media Services directive.
“The proposal also clarifies that member states are able to ask…
Read more at http://deadline.com/
Netflix, Amazon Prime and other video-streaming sites in Europe look set to be subject to 20% European content quotas, plus European product-investment requirements in European Union countries that demand them, under proposed new regulations unveiled Wednesday. The proposed quotas are part of a massive overhaul of E.U. broadcasting regulations that aims to create a level… Read more »
Jonas Tempel, the former CEO of Beatport, has written a stirring open-letter about his time with the troubled digital music platform, and…
As part of its deal to acquire ANconnect, the CD rack jobbing operation that services Walmart and Best Buy, from Anderson Merchandisers, Alliance…
Anne Hathaway: Oscar-winning actor, mother…and freestyle battle rapper.
The Les Misérables actor turned up on The Late Late Show…
Telefe and Telefilms’ new production company The Magic Eye are teaming up to co-produce a bio-series about Roberto Sanchez, otherwise known as Sandro, the Elvis of Argentina. Deal was announced at the LA Screenings. Sanchez was known as the precursor of national rock, having been the first to introduce this genre in Argentina with Spanish-language cover… Read more »
Warner Music U.K. on Wednesday launched The Firepit, a creative content division, “innovation center” and recording studio supporting the…
LONDON — The 70th edition of the Edinburgh Film Festival, which runs June 15-26, will showcase 161 feature films from 46 countries, including 22 world premieres, five international premieres, 17 European premieres and 85 U.K. premieres. Artistic director Mark Adams, unveiling the selection Wednesday, said there was “something for everyone,” and the festival would “challenge,… Read more »
Bill Cosby’s lawyers gave a blistering preview of the questions the actor’s accuser will face at trial, as a judge refused to dismiss the sex-assault…
Hercules Has Seen Tonight’s Return Of WAYWARD PINES!!
Read the full article on AICN
I am – Hercules!!
A few notes on tonight’s “Enemy Lines”:
* The first 2016 episode begins far from Wayward Pines as we meet Jason Patric’s doctor character. “Sometimes you wish you could just start over, right?” says a familiar stranger at the end of the resort’s bar.
* Start over the series does. Gone is season-one showrunner Chad Hodge and his writing staff. The new showrunner is Mark Friedman, creator of two recent, crappy and failed network series, ABC’s “The Forgotten” and NBC’s “Believe.”
* The writing seems much diminished in this year’s first two episodes, though I found the end of 2.2 compelling enough to want to seek out 2.3.
* This year’s “Wayward” opening credits have these names: Jason Patric. Nimrat Kaur. Josh Helman. Tom Stevens. Kacey Rohl. With Hope Davis and Djimon Hounsou.
* Shannyn Sossamon, who played the wife of last season’s Matt Dillon treasury agent character, doesn’t turn up until the second hour. Charlie Tahan, who played young Ben Burke (son of the Dillon character), is assigned “guest star” status, as is Carla Gugino and Siobhan Fallon.
* In the last two episodes of 2015 Stevens played Jason Higgins, leader of the Hitler Youth-ish First Generation. This year Higgins is the town’s leader and the series’ main villain.
* Kaur is the Indian actress and former model who proved memorable as the evil (if super-foxy) ISI agent Tasneem Qureshi who engineered Carrie Matheson’s med mismanagement on “Homeland” during its fourth season.
* Australian Josh Helman plays tormentor or mutants William Stryker in the
Finish the article on AICN